Friday, May 27, 2011

New Blog

Greetings to my future followers! 

I created this blog for you:
The thoughtful independent thinker.  The person who realizes that the brain in their skull is capable of more than just consumption and regurgitation, but also the creation of ideas.  The person who rolls their eyes when they hear pundits rant but listen to them anyway because you care about your country.  The reader who does not mind shameless flattery to encourage them to come back for more!

I believe in freedom.  It is a simple concept with incredibly powerful implications.  It is agreed as good by the vast majority of society but conflicted in an assortment of ways with individual application.  It is my wish to articulate these differences of opinion, not to boil them down to simple sound bytes, but to truly understand the voices of my fellow Americans.

I have no illusions of grandeur.  I begin this blog with zero followers and do not compare myself to professional political commentators, radio hosts, politicians, or any of our beloved historical figures.  I am just a Texan with a voice of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment